Tanggal diterima info: 3 Agustus 2017
Sumber berita: Jalur Pribadi via surel
Pemberi info: Yogiswara Javmika
The development of BINUS UNIVERSITY library had been carried out since 1982 to support the university in achieving Tri Dharma Perguruan Tinggi, those are learning activities, research, and social services. The names of Binus library had undergone many times of changes that was in line with the change of its parent organization’s names. The first name was Akademi Teknik Komputer (ATK) library. In 1986 the name changed to Sekolah Tinggi Manajemen Informatika dan Komputer BINA NUSANTARA library, and finally since in 1996 the library name changed To BINUS UNIVERSITY library.
Library service to students and lecturers started in 1982. The library was located at Syahdan Campus, Jalan K.H. Syahdan no.9, Kemanggisan, Palmerah, Jakarta Barat. The library was located at the L building, first floor, having space of ±150m2. The service was still in closed access services. In line with BINUS UNIVERSITY development, the library service was also developed. In 1986 the library room was moved at the M building, first floor. Then, in 1994, the library was again moved at the K and J building, and the automation system was conducted by applying Visual Foxpro program. Meanwhile, the service was still in closed access service. A significant development happened in 1998 when the library was moved into a new modern building in Anggrek Campus, Jalan Kebon Jeruk Raya No. 27 Jakarta Barat. The library was located at the third, fourth, and fifth floors having a space of 1.268m2.
Full library automation had been applied in 1999. The automated system was called Sistem Informasi Perpustakaan (SIPus), including acquisition, cataloguing, and circulation. The library had fully applied open access services, in which the users were independent to access library collections. An automated service was given to library users. The LKC aims to provide a better service to support the curriculum offering of the university.
In 2008, LKC moved to first floor, having space of ±1400m². At the new building, LKC provided discussion room and recreation room. With the availability of these new facilities, the library users got more convenient place to study and do their social academic life. Information literacy program was conducted more intensely for library users done by reference librarians and the availability of mobile librarians who guided the students personally or by groups to lead them into independent users who were capable in finding information and use them ethically and legally. Automated borrowing and returning was applied by RFID system.
Vacancy for Senior Reference Librarian in Library and Knowledge Center Binus University.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in Library;
- Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Well-organized and multi-tasking;
- Maximum 30 years old;
- Customer service skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Good spoken and written communication skills (English & Bahasa);
- IT skills, particularly in using databases and the internet;
- Research skills;
- Graphic designing skills.
- Provide continuous improvement & automation of the Reference services;
- Ensure proper rules & regulation are applied in the Reference Area;
- Conduct information literacy to user;
- Promote Library Services to user;
- Socialized electronic collections;
- Answer complaints/inquiries to the library users;
- Submit report about the utilization of library collections;
- Provide other reports as requested by the Manager or Vice Rector;
- Attend to meetings as requested by the other unit or Library Manager;
- Support the mission and vision of the Library & the University;
- Assume other duties as requested by Reader Services Section Head;
- Promote the LKC services to all library users;
- Prepare promotion tools.
- 1st Shift:
- Monday – Friday, 08:00 a.m – 05.00 p.m
- Saturday & Sunday, OFF
- 2nd Shift
- Monday – Friday, 12:00 a.m – 07.30 p.m.
- Saturday, 08.00 a.m – 05.00 p.m.
- Sunday, OFF
Submit your CV and resume before August 31, 2017 to:
admindigilib [AT] binus.edu and sirkulasi [AT] binus.edu