Tanggal diterima info: 17 April 2015
sumber berita: JobsDB Indonesia
Pemberi info: JobsDB Indonesia
VA No. FSN-37/2015
The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta has a vacancy for Librarian (Acquisition), FSN-7 (Rp. 91,768,705 – per annum / full performance starting salary) in the Library of Congress.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Serial Section is essential to the operations of the Library of Congress Jakarta Regional Office. The incumbent assures the development of a quality collection as well as the efficient acquisitions of serial titles (annuals, magazines, scholarly journals, newspapers) for the Library of Congress and nearly fifty participant academic libraries from across the globe. The incumbent receives and processes all new serial titles and ongoing serial subscriptions. As the primary personnel for serial management, incumbent advises on suitability of new titles, ensures the renewal of all ongoing-subscriptions, and oversees the performance of vendors who provide serials. This responsibility includes claiming serial titles and reporting on performance for the annual contract review and renewal. S/He works closely with vendors, government agencies, NGOs and publishers, to ensure timely delivery and payment of all serial subscriptions. S/He advises and recommends on the suitability of subscription sources.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Library Sciences or Natural Sciences is required.
- At least two years of progressively responsible experience of technical services work in library acquisitions or serial controls, publishing or book distribution, or receiving/purchasing work with international organization that adheres to international standards is required.
- Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing in English and Level 4 (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing in Bahasa Indonesia are required. Must be able to comprehend and follow oral instructions and written guidance. Language proficiency will be tested. If you have taken a TOEIC or TOEFL test administered by ETS within 6 months, please attach the certificate.
- Advanced knowledge of serial publishing and associated terminology as well as principles of librarianship as it applies to serials. Advanced knowledge of the serial selection and acquisition procedures of LOC Jakarta. Good working knowledge of research collections and needs of research libraries in international setting. Advanced knowledge of serial publishing by NGO, commercial, academic, think tanks and research institutions, and government publishing (including born-digital publications) in Indonesia and the region.
- Ability to enter and manipulate data with speed and accuracy including data produced with scanning technologies. Ability to interpret elements of title page and volume numbering of serials for correct data entry and transcription. Ability to work independently, recognizing the need to seek advice in non-routine problems. Must demonstrate strong service orientation; excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills; ability to organize and plan; and ability to use library and office computer applications. Ability to explain LOC policies and programs to a variety of audiences including publishers, dealers, scholars, researchers and public officials at all levels. Research and analytic ability to evaluate library materials as to their potential usefulness to a variety of clients served by the program. Ability to work in collaborative working environment with regular deadlines.
The U.S. Mission in Indonesia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The U.S. Mission Indonesia maintains a drug-free workplace
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: April 29, 2015 by 4.00 p.m. Jakarta Time
Should you fulfill ALL the qualifications above, please send your application and updated CV in English by using the ‘QUICK APPLY’
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION AND CV DIRECTLY TO THE EMBASSY EMAIL ADDRESS