Tanggal diterima info: 17 Oktober 2013
Sumber berita: milis the_ics
Pemberi info: Dessy Sekar Chamdi
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global facility dedicated to advancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to help shape effective policy, improve the management of tropical forests and address the needs and perspectives of people who depend on forests for their livelihoods. CIFOR is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
CIFOR is looking for a Data Services Librarian
Reporting to the Data and Information Services Manager, the Data Services Librarian supports the archiving of and access to CIFOR research data through consultation, metadata creation, analysis, enrichment, and maintenance according to international cataloging and metadata standards.
The appointee will collaborate with CIFOR researchers, especially project managers, the Data and Information Services Manager and team in the implementation of projects and training involving research data. They will also work closely with colleagues at partner CGIAR centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist researchers in developing data management plans for grant applications and on-going projects.
- Assist researchers in dataset archiving processes.
- Assist the researcher/project team in creating and editing metadata records for data collections to meet quality standards defined by CIFOR.
- Collaborate with Information Services Administrator to select, acquire, maintain, and manage a collection of data files used for secondary analysis by CIFOR staff and purchase institutional data subscriptions.
- Develop and implement training in research data management for CIFOR scientific staff in partnership with the Information Services Administrator.
- Work with IT and other relevant units within CIFOR to build a broader infrastructure to support data archiving at CIFOR.
- Further develop and maintain the Research Data Repository (spatial and non-spatial) collection to ensure that users are able to access data sources easily and reliably.
- Other duties as required and appropriate to the level of the position.
Education, experience, technical skills and competencies:
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to the completion of a bachelor degree in Library and Information Studies in conjunction with at least 4 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of developments in the area of scholarly publications and digital preservation.
- Extensive knowledge of data resources and tools and the ability to advise users regarding the use of data.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Knowledge of best practices with respect to data collection, management and use.
- Familiarity with common metadata standards such as Dublin Core, Data Documentation Initiative (DDI), Directory Interchange Format (DIF), and ISO 19115.
- General knowledge of geospatial data software and Geographic Information Systems software (e.g. ArcGIS).
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Be self-motivated, outgoing and welcome the opportunity to work with significant autonomy.
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal communications skills.
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a nationally recruited position. CIFOR offers attractive and globally competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The contract will be for 2 years with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of this position and available resources.
- The position will be based in Bogor, Indonesia.
- The application deadline is 25 October 2013.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information for three referees to:
Human Resources Department, CIFOR
cifor-hr-jobs [AT] cgiar.org
Please indicate the position and its reference number in the email subject line –> (Data Services Librarian (Ref. 1328)
Bogor, Indonesia). To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at http://www.cifor.org. CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.