Tanggal diterima info: 4 juni 2012
Sumber berita: code4lib jobs
Pemberi info: jobs [AT] code4lib.org
ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping the academic community use digital technology to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways. ITHAKA provides
innovative services that benefit higher education including JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R. ITHAKA is headquartered in New York, NY with additional offices in Ann Arbor, MI and Princeton, NJ.
Under the direction of the Archive Service Product Manager, the Systems Librarian will work to formulate, direct and implement the collection management and holdings research and development agenda. The Systems Librarian will work closely with the Content Management systems team in specifying and designing holdings management software.
• Conduct original research, including the development of holdings and collection management tool sets;
• Identify and implement advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms and tools to assist in holdings and collection management;
• Work closely with all projects that work with content preserved in the Portico archive (e.g., be a technical contact for external organizations receiving copies of preserved content, develop tools to extract content from the archive, design tools to report on the status of the archive, etc.);
• Participate in standards review and peer review;
• Research, evaluate, and recommend solutions for complex technical problems;
• Research and evaluate new tools and technologies for integration with existing systems;
• Document procedures, research, and software implementations;
• Exercise good judgment in the interpretation and application of archival policies as implemented during architecture and software design;
• Support development staff and contractors in implementing requirements.
• Five years experience in software development.
• Two years experience in development on Unix (Solaris) platforms.
• Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and newer database technologies.
• Knowledge of data warehousing techniques and implementations.
• Knowledge of a wide variety of tools, programming languages, development environments, and operating systems.
• Familiarity with all phases of the software/product development life-cycle: requirements, design, coding, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
• Experience with structured documents and related technologies (XML, SGML, XSLT, HTML, DTD, and XML Schema), automated data conversion, and electronic publishing file formats.
• Familiarity with machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms and software implementations.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team environment as well as a distributed team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with external contractors.
• MS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent.
*ITHAKA currently offers an extremely competitive benefit plan including:
• Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
• Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
• Employer contributed pension with a 6 month vesting period…And much, much more