Tanggal diterima info: 4 Juni 2012
Sumber berita: milis code4lib
Pemberi info: Dan Scott
Please find below a posting for a Library Systems Technician position advertised at http://goo.gl/OvP1e
(Note: the posting says the deadline for applying is May 25, 2012, but I suspect that is a mistake and would encourage interested parties to apply nonetheless!)
June 2012 to December 2012
Library Systems Technician
J. N. Desmarais Library
Position #: 9-6-31E
Reporting to the Coordinator of Systems and Access Services supervisor, the Library Systems Technician will:
1) Administer existing library systems (integrated library system, institutional repository, ILL system, wiki, problem tracking system) by applying upgrades, performing backups, and ensuring overall health of systems;
2) Maintain, customize and enhance existing library systems. All maintenance, customizations, and enhancements are
documents so that the processes are repeatable and regressions can be traced back and corrected;
3) As directed by the librarian team, assess emerging systems for adoption by the J.N. Desmarais Library;
4) Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve reported issues with library software and hardware;
5) Support users with system issues, including desktop and remote access to applications where applicable;
6) Liaise with Computer Services staff and library systems staff at other universities and consortial organizations (such as ScholarsPortal) to resolve interaction issues with library systems and services and negotiate linkages between systems for new and enhanced library services;
7) Performs other duties directly related to this position as assigned;
8) The incumbent must abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations and the University`s Health and Safety Policies.
Minimum of grade 12 education plus a three year accredited college diploma in Computer Programming and Analysis or related Information Technology program.
Grade 12 plus a bachelor*s degree in Computer Science would be preferred;
Minimum of one year of related work experience with a University degree, or a minimum of two years of related experience with a college diploma;
Additional training and knowledge in relational databases, system administration, programming in Perl, Java, PHP, or Python, software engineering, and XML/XHTML skills would be considered an asset;
Ability to work fluently, orally and in writing in both officiallanguages, French and English, is considered is preferred.
$49,368 – $56,487
Competition closes May 25, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
Applications will only be accepted in person or through the following e-mail
Please ensure that your resume and cover letter reference the job posting identification number and the position title of the position you are applying for. If you are sending your application at the above noted e-mail address, please include this information in your e-mail subject line. Any resume received without these specifications will not be considered.
Applications must reach the Human Resources office before the deadline. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.