Tanggal diterima info: 16 Mei 2012
Sumber berita: milis code4lib
Pemberi info: Elizabeth A. Altman
Job ID: 2435
Under the general direction of the Dean, the Director of Library Information Technology is responsible for the conception, design, implementation, and operation of all systems and technology within and relating to the Library. This position provides creative vision and expertise in systems planning, using technologies that enhance operational effectiveness and improve access to library resources. This position also supervises employees who are responsible for creation and maintenance of the Library’s web presence; the campus Institutional Repository; repair and maintenance of IT equipment; and staffing open computer labs. Serves as a member of the Library’s Executive Group and on other Library committees as needed. Works on special projects, and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of key issues, practices and trends in information technology and digital initiatives, as well as academic libraries and higher education.
- Demonstrated skill in supervising staff. Skills in analysis, planning, budgeting, and project management and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of web technologies, applications, and systems design and development.
- Ability to apply leadership as well as analytical and innovative problem-solving skills to the development of information systems.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to user-centered services for all constituencies.
- Ability to apply appropriate administrative procedures, analyze administrative problems, and make recommendations;
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and supervise activities of technology staff;
- Ability to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with Library and campus administrators, faculty, staff and student employees.
About the University
California State University, Northridge, long known for the intellectual, social, and cultural relevance of its 171 academic programs and engaged centers; embraces innovation in community service, and hands-on experience and rigor. A minority-serving University in a globally diverse region, it is a national leader in preparing teachers for K-12 and first generation college students for graduate studies. Cal State Northridge is a park-like campus located in the San Fernando Valley with 1.8 million people, 20 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. 1,800 of its 35,000 students are international. Cal State Northridge is a welcoming University that values accessibility, academic excellence, and student achievement.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The university offers an excellent benefit package. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary range for this classification is $3,635 – $11,624.
How To Apply
Please complete the on-line application/resume upload submission process in order to be considered for any open position within the university and its auxiliaries. The hiring department will contact the best qualified candidates and invite them to participate in the interview process.
Initial review begins February 17, 2012, and will continue until position is filled.
For more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please view the link below:
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual identity, sexual orientation, sexual expression, gender, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, disabled veteran, or Vietnam-era veteran status.