Tanggal diterima info: 16 Mei 2012
Sumber berita: code4lib jobs
Pemberi info: jobs [AT] code4lib.org
The Digital Asset Manager is directly responsible for the evaluation, selection, implementation, and management of a digital asset management system as well as the creation and management of the metadata, policies, and procedures related to digital assets. The ultimate goal of this position is to ensure that all records are able to be accessed by staff and the general public.
The Digital Assets Manager will:
- Conduct a broad inventory of digital assets stored throughout the Museum.
- Develop detailed requirements for a digital asset management system.
- Train staff on the use of the DAMS.
- Work closely with IT staff to ensure the reliability and security of the DAMS.
- Following best practices, develop policies for the digitization of the Museum’s collections in association with other divisions.
- Develop and/or adopt metadata standards for digital assets and train staff on their proper use.
- Develop policies and procedures for the ingest of digital assets into the DAMS. Train staff accordingly and monitor compliance.
- Create policies and procedures related to the intake of born digital collections.
- Develop and implement digital preservation strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidate will have 3-5 years of experience managing digital asset management systems. Preference will be given to candidates that have selected and implemented digital asset management systems and have experience crafting
institutional digital preservation strategies;experience and familiarity with a wide variety of DAMS including 2 or more years of experience managing a DAMS; knowledge of current best practices related to DAM metadata, processes,
and preservation strategies including 3-4 years working with DAM specific metadata; superior technical communication with staff who have a wide range of technical competence – a writing sample will be required. MLIS or equivalent. Background in history a plus.
The Missouri History Museum offers a competitive salary and complete benefits package. Please submit letter of interest and resume to:
Missouri History Museum
PO Box 11940
St. Louis, MO 63112-0040
Resumes may also be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org