Tanggal diterima info: 12 Mei 2012
Sumber berita: code4lib jobs
Pemberi info: jobs [AT] code4lib.org
Dynamic and user-focused, the Business/Data Librarian will develop strong relationships with Lehigh faculty and students in the College of Business and Economics (CBE)to further their research, teaching and learning.
- Provide support for faculty and graduate student research requiring statistical products such as STATA or SAS. Provide data and statistical support to faculty and students including discovery of and documentation for relevant datasets.
- Develop, evaluate and manage business and economics electronic resources/database services and data resources for curricular and research needs; serve as database expert, with certifications in key databases.
- Support scholarly publishing efforts of business and economics faculty and students and the archiving of scholarly work.
- Provide instructional programs and research assistance to students and faculty in the CBE.
- Conduct studies of the use of software and electronic library resources in support of collection management activities.
Education and experience:
- MS in Library and Information Science, Statistics, or related discipline;
- subject background in business (preferred) or the social sciences;
- additional advanced degree helpful. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with statistical software such as SAS or STATA. Experience with research datasets and data management;
- 3-5 years experience as business/economics librarian.
Salary: mid 50s.
Employment at Lehigh University is conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check based on the requirements of the position.
Application Procedure: Apply online by completing application, and submitting resume/CV and cover letter to: https://lehigh.hiretouch.com/applicant-login?jobID=7621
Review of applications begins May 24 and continues until position is filled.
About Lehigh University:
A premier residential private research university, Lehigh is ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. It is coeducational and nondenominational and home to more than 4,700 undergraduate and 2,000 graduate students. The University’s picturesque 1,600-acre wooded campus is located in Pennsylvania’s scenic Lehigh Valley, in
close proximity to both New York City and Philadelphia. The University was founded in 1865 by philanthropist Asa Packer with the goal of blending a classical and technical education to prepare students to succeed in a changing
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Comprehensive benefits including partner benefits.