Tanggal diterima info: 25 April 2012
Sumber berita: code4lib jobs
Pemberi info: jobs[AT]code4lib.org
AudioVisual Preservation Solutions (AVPS) is a full service audiovisual preservation and information management consulting firm serving the educational, broadcasting, government, non-profit, and corporate sectors. With a strong focus on professional standards and best practices, open communication, efficient workflows, and the innovative use and development of technological resources, AVPS brings a broad knowledge base and extensive experience to efficiently and effectively meeting the challenges faced in the preservation and access of digital content.
AVPS team members are recognized experts in digital preservation, digital repository development and implementation, and the development of tools to support digital preservation and access workflows. AVPS implements digital preservation standards and best practices in order to compliment the needs and goals of projects and organizations. AVPS brings a unique focus on complex and diverse digital collections, including moving images, sound, still images, digital artworks, custom software, websites, text, and more. AVPS client collections range from a terabytes to petabytes in scale. Some recent digital repository and asset management projects include the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), Stanford University, New York Public Radio, UN Women, and Facing
History and Ourselves.
AVPS is committed to its employees and shows it. It is a respectful, supportive work environment. We have high standards and we reward success. We believe that when AVPS excels it is because of the people behind it.
AudioVisual Preservation Solutions is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Digital Preservation Consultant. This position is in support of, and reports to a Senior Consultant on a variety of projects related to digital preservation and access, digital asset management, and metadata development and management.
**Goals & Objectives**
- Work in support of the AVPS vision
- Be an active participant in establishing and maintaining AVPS as the premiere consulting firm in deriving value from audio, video and film content
- Provide the best and most effective solutions for our clients
- Develop and retain clientele
- Continually learn and consistently contribute to the AVPS skill-set and knowledge base
- Increase awareness of and promote the AVPS brand and services
- Conduct stakeholder interviews focusing on workflow, business processes, policies, and organizational goals and objectives for digital content
- Requirements development and documentation for digital preservation and access environments
- Use case development
- Metadata analysis and data modeling
- Compiling, managing, analyzing, and translating data sets
- System configuration, testing, documentation, and training
- Report drafting and editing
- Diagramming and modeling using notation such as ERD, UML, BPMN
- Project management and client communications
- Presenting at client meetings and conferences
- Act as liaison between technologists, archivists/collection managers, and administration
- Drafting internal processes and procedures
- Drafting and editing proposals
- Research, reporting and making recommendations on identified topics and areas of relevancy
- Continuing and professional development
**Experience, skills and attributes:**
* Preferred educational background in one or more of the following:
* Library and information sciences
* Audiovisual archiving and preservation
* Audiovisual production and/or engineering
* Computer sciences
* Solid grasp of digital preservation standards and best practices, including but not limited to OAIS and TRAC.
* Hands-on experience working with (i.e. processing, manipulating, managing) complex digital media and metadata
* Familiarity with metadata encoding and expression standards, including: XML, PBCore, PREMIS, METS, IPTC, RDF, OWL, SKOS
* Strong analytical skills
* Proficient in Mac and Windows operating systems and use of command line interfaces
* Must be comfortable working with a variety of expertise and roles within an organization
* Strong understanding and vision for uses and value of moving image and sound content in a wide variety of organizations and environments.
* Identifiable area(s) of professional expertise relevant to Moving Image and Sound Archiving and Preservation, including but not limited to:
* Identification and analysis of file-based media
* Reformatting and migration
* Storage systems and architectures
* Cataloging and metadata
* Databases and asset management systems
* Relevant standards and best practices
* Platforms and mechanisms for content distribution
* Awareness and knowledge of rights issues
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as evidenced by clear and respectful communications with colleagues and clients
* Excellent writing skills and ability to organize and present complex material in a clear and logical manner
* Good presentation skills
* Good project planning, management and organizational skills
* Ability and willingness to travel for projects and conferences several times per year
Please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until May 18, 2012.